- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep
- A Scanner Darkly
- Basically anything by PKD
- Mona Lisa Overdrive
- Anything by William Gibson really, and there’s a lot
- I hear Snow Crash is a must but I haven’t got my hands on it yet
- I know it’s not a novel but the GitS manga
- and the Akira manga
- and while we’re on comics, Transmetropolitain
- Not quiiiiite sure if it would be considered Cyberpunk, but 1984 fits the anti-establishment, we’re being watched, cameras everywhere, rebellion feel that most cyberpunk books have
Everyone trusts known thieves and murderers to lead nations but I’m weird for wanting to keep my entire paycheck.
leading a country doesn’t make you a murderer
physically murdering someone makes you a murderer
these are 2 separate things
can we please stop this stupid elementary garbage and focus on the fact that people following orders to invade, occupy and coerce are the ones who are pulling triggers and swinging batons?
Except that hiring a hitman doesn’t absolve you, so I don’t see how it shouldn’t work that way on a larger scale? I see why you would want to focus lower on the chain, and that makes sense, but it doesn’t remove the guilt from the top.